Shirley Hills Baptist Church holds beliefs consistent with the Southern Baptist Faith and Message.
A detailed expression of those beliefs can be viewed by clicking here.
In short, however, here are a few core beliefs we hold:
- the Bible is the true and authoritative Word of God, His revelation to us of who He is and what He has done to redeem and reconcile men to Himself for his glory and kingdom
- the one true God of Scripture exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- the condition of men's hearts is sinful and opposed to the authority of God, leaving us estranged from Him and incapable of restoring that relationship on our own
- Jesus, the fully divine Son of God, became fully human, making Him the only person capable of the sinless life, atoning death, and victorious resurrection necessary to accomplish salvation on our behalf
- our salvation is by God's grace alone through our faith alone in the work of Christ alone
- the Holy Spirit indwells believers, empowering them to personal growth and holiness, corporate unity, and missional success
- Christ will return as promised to finally defeat sin, evil, and death, accomplishing full and final redemption for His people, establishing the victorious rule and kingdom of God, and restoring all of God's creation to His original purposes