Shirley Hills Baptist Church, Warner Robins, GA seeks a candidate for a Children’s Director/Minister. This person will serve the church by leading, coordinating, overseeing, and continuing to develop the church’s ministry to children, from birth to fifth grade. The Children’s Director works under the supervision of the pastor. The Children’s Director supervises paid support staff and student interns as well as ministry volunteers. Most importantly, the candidate should love the Lord and children!
1. Lead a comprehensive ministry for children. Work with support staff, interns, and volunteers to give supervision and coordination to children’s Sunday morning Bible
study, small groups, activities and individual opportunities for growth in following Christ.
2. Work closely with the Pastor to enact a consistent discipleship strategy for children from birth-fifth grade that integrates with the church’s broader discipleship strategy.
3. Oversee the planning and execution of activities and events for preschoolers, children and their families. Events might include: VBS, Kick-off events, Fall Event, Easter Event, etc.
4. Help select, enlist and develop volunteers in the children’s ministry.
5. Supervise the administration of Ministry Safe policies and procedures within the children’s ministry.
1. Bachelors level education related to education and/or ministry
2. Experience working with children in an educational or ministry setting
3. Experience working in a mid-to-large sized church
4. Passion for children and their families
5. Understanding the issues, demands and pressures on families today.
6. Proficient with various forms of media and technology involved in ministry.
7. Spiritual Maturity
10 Ability to work well with others.